MATRIMONY - Dag Heward-Mills

READ: Proverbs 5:15-21

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Genesis 2:18


I encourage people to marry young. The more Christians delay the marriage ceremony, the more likely they are to end up living in sin. What are you waiting for?

Do not use the lack of money as an excuse, because you can marry if you really want to. Marry whilst you are still young.

Do not wait until you have all the comfortable things in life before venturing into marriage. I have been through some really hard times with my wife, where we did not have any money. We had to warn our visitors to sit in a particular way because our chairs were weak and broken. She even had to go abroad to work to buy us some furniture.

I have truly struggled with my wife, so I love her. I did not have to wait until I was an old man to get married.

I love the people with whom I have been through struggles and difficulties. They are different from those who have come in a time of total blessing. When you are already established in life, you will have people interested in you because you are already blessed.

However, it is likely that the wife of your youth would have married you not because of what you had, but because of who you are.

It is a blessing to marry young.

No comments

TOF. Powered by Blogger.
Comment from discussion Blog on Daily Devotional Guide.